To ensure all of our guests and owners enjoy their time at Silver Dunes, the following policies are enforced for all persons on the property.
Rules and Regulations
Silver Dunes Rental Policy
- Check-in time is any time after 4 p.m. (CST). Check-out time is 10 a.m. (CST). Please respect set times.
- Your rent is payable in full 30 days prior to arrival. MasterCard, Discover, American Express and VISA are accepted.
- A unit will not be rented to a party whose size exceeds maximum occupancy for a specified unit.
- No units will be rented to single adults 25 and under. Families only.
- Absolutely no pets allowed on the premises.
- All vehicles on property must display parking passes on the rear-view mirror with the reservation number facing the windshield. Unauthorized vehicles are subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
- All facilities in the complex are to be used by occupants and their authorized guests only. No visitors of guests will be admitted to the property unless the security guard has been notified in advance at 850-837-6043.
- We will endeavor to place you in the unit that you requested, however, due to maintenance problems or other unforeseen situations, we cannot guarantee a specific room.
- Park in designated areas only. Boats, trailers, golf carts, jet skis, buses, or any other recreational vehicles are not permitted on property. Parking spaces are limited as follows:
- One-bedroom unit — two vehicles
- Two-bedroom unit — two vehicles
- Three-bedroom unit — three vehicles
- Please do not throw anything from the balconies or hang towels on balcony railings.
- No fireworks, firearms, etc. may be discharged on the property.
- No loud music or noise after 10 p.m.
- Coin laundry room is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Please do not feed seagulls from the balconies or courtyard area.
- There will be a $15 charge for lost keys.
- Grilling is allowed in designated grilling areas only. Grilling on patios is allowed only if an electric grill is provided.
- All rates and fees are subject to change.
- Three-night minimum stays are required on units, some units are subject to a one-week minimum. Guests who fail to comply with the above rules may be asked to vacate the unit. If this becomes necessary, all rental monies will be forfeited. Upon completion of departure inspection, your credit card will be charged accordingly if damage has occurred or an additional cleaning and/or deep clean is required.
We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Silver Dunes a safe and enjoyable place to stay.
Deposit and Cancellation Policies
A $500 advance reservation deposit is required at time of booking. There is a 3.5% booking fee calculated off of the base rate which is collected with final payment. Deposits will be deducted from total rent. In the event you have to cancel outside of 60 days from your arrival date, you will forfeit $250 of your deposit. If you cancel within 60-30 days, you will forfeit your full deposit of $500. If you cancel inside 30 days from your arrival date, you will forfeit your entire stay charge. Balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date via credit card.
Peace of Mind Protection Plan*(Optional Limited Damage Protection)
TERMS OF PROTECTION: As a Guest (the person registered and all persons occupying the same rental unit) you are entitled to the Peace of Mind Protection Plan while staying at a Silver Dunes Condominium. The Peace of Mind Plan is subject to the conditions, terms, and the administrative procedures listed below. The maximum amount that the Plan will cover is up to $1,000 per stay/booking.
CONDITIONS: The Peace of Mind Protection Plan has certain conditions and will not include liability for damage or theft resulting from – (protection plan is covered only from guest check-in date to departure date)
• Acts of God
• Intentional acts of a guest
• Gross negligence or willful and wanton conduct
• Any cause, if the Covered Guest does not report the damage to Silver Dunes
• Normal wear and tear
Any violation of the policies and rules by guests will result in eviction and the forfeiture of advance payments of rent and deposit. Silver Dunes Condominium owners have the right to refuse future reservations to any guest who has violated our rental policies and rules.
Silver Dunes Cancellation Policy for Long-Term Rentals (30 days or more)
A $500.00 advance rent deposit payable by check is required to confirm your reservation. Credit card deposits will be accepted with a 3% charge for long-term reservations only, long-term being 30 days or more. $500 deposit is non-refundable.
Your balance is due upon arrival via cash, personal check, traveler’s check, or cashier’s check. MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover are accepted with a 3% fee for long-term reservations only.
A credit card will need to be placed on file in case damages occurs during your stay. Upon completion of departure inspection, your credit card will be charged accordingly if damage has occurred or an additional cleaning and/or deep clean is required. Neither early departures nor late arrivals warrant a refund. We will endeavor to place you in the unit that you requested, however, due to maintenance problems or other unforeseen situations, we cannot guarantee a specific room.
Deposits and/or rent paid will generally be refunded if Silver Dunes is located within the Hurricane Warning Area set forth by the NOAA/National Hurricane Center. Cancellation or early departure due to any other inclement weather does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
Re-booking for the Next Year
Guests interested in re-booking the same unit for the following year may do so during your stay prior to your check out at 10 a.m. In the event you want to change units, you may do so following the 10 a.m. check out.
Amenities Rules and Hours
Pool Rules and Hours
Hours: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- No glasses or glass containers in pool areas
- Please shower before entering pool
- Pool furniture must remain in pool area
- No personal belongings should be left in pool area overnight
- No diving, running or “horseplay” allowed in pool area
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Babies must wear swim diapers in the pools
Tennis Court Hours and Rules
Hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Please visit the office to reserve the tennis courts
- No skates, skateboards, or bicycles allowed on courts
- Please wear tennis shoes or soft shoes only on courts
Please notify Courtesy Patrol at 850-837-6043 to activate lighting of the tennis courts after office hours.
Game Room Hours and Rules
Hours: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- No smoking, drinks or food allowed in game room
- Beach charges are due prior to check out. You may pay by cash, check or credit card.
- Use of personal beach chairs and tents are only allowed at the discretion of the beach service manager
Assumption of risk. Neither the unit owners or Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc. are qualified to detect environmental conditions, such as mold or residue from household products, that may cause illness or injury. Guest, for him/her self and for all those that occupy the property during guests term of occupancy, hereby agrees to assume the risk of any and all illness or injury from household products or mold, and to waive any claim for damages that the guests or such other occupants could assess against unit owners or Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
Neither Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc. nor unit owners shall be liable for any injury or damage to persons or property arising from act or omission of guests, guest’s family, or guest’s visitors. Neither Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc. nor unit owners will be liable for losses or damages to guests property by theft, vandalism, fire, smoke, water, rain, hail, ice, explosion, acts of God, acts of other tenants/residents, or any other causes other than as a direct proximate results of gross negligence of staff or unit owner. Guests will hold harmless Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc. and unit owners, their staff and all employees, from any liability due to loss or damage to guest’s property.