To ensure all of our guests and owners enjoy their time at Silver Dunes, the following policies are enforced for all persons on the property.
Rules and Regulations
Silver Dunes Rental Policy and House Rules
- Check in time is after 4:00 pm. Check out time is 9:00 am.
- Units are not rented to anyone under 25.
- Units are not rented to any party whose size exceeds maximum occupancy for the specified unit. This is a safety violation.
- Absolutely no pets are allowed on the premises, except to aid the disabled. Florida regulations apply; please see Silver Dunes policy for specifics.
- Grilling is allowed in designated grilling areas only; other than electric grills, grills are not allowed on patios/balconies.
- Personal music can be played at a reasonable level at the pool. Please use discretion, respect others in the area, and reduce the volume if asked by Silver Dunes personnel.
- Do not hang towels, swimsuits, string lights, etc. on balcony rails.
- All vehicles on property must display parking passes with reservation #. Unauthorized vehicles are subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
- Park in designated areas only – NO boats, trailers, buses, and/or recreational vehicles are allowed to be parked on site.
- Nothing should be thrown from balconies and littering is not tolerated.
- NO fireworks, firearms, etc. will be discharged on the property/beach.
- Quiet Hours are between 10:00pm-8:00am. NO loud music or noise after 10:00 pm.
- Small Bluetooth speakers are allowed. Please keep volume low so that it can only be heard by your party.
- All facilities in the complex are to be used by occupants and their authorized guests only. NO visitors of guests will be admitted to the property unless the security guard has been notified in advance.
- All rates and fees are subject to change.
- Three-night minimum stays are required on units, some units are subject to a one-week minimum. Guests who fail to comply with the above rules may be asked to vacate the unit. If this becomes necessary, all rental monies will be forfeited. Upon completion of departure inspection, your credit card will be charged accordingly if damage has occurred or an additional cleaning and/or deep clean is required.
Rule Violations: Owners may be fined should their occupant(s) not rectify any Silver Dunes policy violation upon notification by Silver Dunes personnel. Details are as follows:
- The first notice to the occupant will include a warning and a call/email to the owner.
- The second notice to the occupant will also include a $150 fine to the owner (billed to their HOA statement) and a second call/email to the owner.
- The third notice to the occupant will include an additional $250 fine to the owner (billed to their HOA statement), a final call/email to the owner, and immediate eviction of occupant.
We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Silver Dunes a safe and enjoyable place to stay.
Deposit and Cancellation Policies
A $500 advance reservation deposit is required at time of booking. There is a 3.5% booking fee calculated off of the base rate which is collected with final payment. Deposits will be deducted from total rent. In the event you have to cancel outside of 60 days from your arrival date, you will forfeit $250 of your deposit. If you cancel within 60-30 days, you will forfeit your full deposit of $500. If you cancel inside 30 days from your arrival date, you will forfeit your entire stay charge. Balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date via credit card.
Peace of Mind Protection Plan*(Limited Damage Protection)
TERMS OF PROTECTION: As a Guest (the person registered and all persons occupying the same rental unit) you are entitled to the Peace of Mind Protection Plan while staying at a Silver Dunes Condominium. The Peace of Mind Plan is subject to the conditions, terms, and the administrative procedures listed below. The maximum amount that the Plan will cover is up to $1,000 per stay/booking.
CONDITIONS: The Peace of Mind Protection Plan has certain conditions and will not include liability for damage or theft resulting from – (protection plan is covered only from guest check-in date to departure date)
• Acts of God
• Intentional acts of a guest
• Gross negligence or willful and wanton conduct
• Any cause, if the Covered Guest does not report the damage to Silver Dunes
• Normal wear and tear
Any violation of the policies and rules by guests will result in eviction and the forfeiture of advance payments of rent and deposit. Silver Dunes Condominium owners have the right to refuse future reservations to any guest who has violated our rental policies and rules.
Silver Dunes Cancellation Policy for Long-Term Rentals (30 days or more)
A $500.00 advance rent deposit payable by check is required to confirm your reservation. Credit card deposits will be accepted with a 3% charge for long-term reservations only, long-term being 30 days or more. $500 deposit is non-refundable.
Your balance is due upon arrival via cash, personal check, traveler’s check, or cashier’s check. MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover are accepted with a 3% fee for long-term reservations only.
A credit card will need to be placed on file in case damages occurs during your stay. Upon completion of departure inspection, your credit card will be charged accordingly if damage has occurred or an additional cleaning and/or deep clean is required. Neither early departures nor late arrivals warrant a refund. We will endeavor to place you in the unit that you requested, however, due to maintenance problems or other unforeseen situations, we cannot guarantee a specific room.
Deposits and/or rent paid will generally be refunded if Silver Dunes is located within the Hurricane Warning Area set forth by the NOAA/National Hurricane Center. Cancellation or early departure due to any other inclement weather does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
Re-booking for the Next Year
Guests interested in re-booking the same unit for the following year may do so during your stay prior to your check out at 9 a.m. In the event you want to change units, you may do so following the 9 a.m. check out.
Amenities Rules and Hours
Pool Rules and Hours
Hours: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- No glasses or glass containers in pool areas
- Please shower before entering pool
- Pool furniture must remain in pool area
- No personal belongings should be left in pool area overnight
- No diving, running or “horseplay” allowed in pool area
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Babies must wear swim diapers in the pools
Tennis Court Hours and Rules
Hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Please visit the office to reserve the tennis courts
- No skates, skateboards, or bicycles allowed on courts
- Please wear tennis shoes or soft shoes only on courts
Please notify Courtesy Patrol at 850-837-6043 to activate lighting of the tennis courts after office hours.
Coin laundry room is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
Game Room Hours and Rules
Hours: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- No smoking, drinks or food allowed in game room
- Beach charges are due prior to check out. You may pay by cash, check or credit card.
- Use of personal beach chairs and tents are only allowed at the discretion of the beach service manager
Assumption of risk. Neither the unit owners or Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc. are qualified to detect environmental conditions, such as mold or residue from household products, that may cause illness or injury. Guest, for him/her self and for all those that occupy the property during guests term of occupancy, hereby agrees to assume the risk of any and all illness or injury from household products or mold, and to waive any claim for damages that the guests or such other occupants could assess against unit owners or Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
Neither Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc. nor unit owners shall be liable for any injury or damage to persons or property arising from act or omission of guests, guest’s family, or guest’s visitors. Neither Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc. nor unit owners will be liable for losses or damages to guests property by theft, vandalism, fire, smoke, water, rain, hail, ice, explosion, acts of God, acts of other tenants/residents, or any other causes other than as a direct proximate results of gross negligence of staff or unit owner. Guests will hold harmless Silver Dunes Condominium of Destin, Inc. and unit owners, their staff and all employees, from any liability due to loss or damage to guest’s property.